Building From Source - Electricsheep-Linux-Client

Hey guys,

I am very excited to get the latest electric sheep running on my distrobution of choice (Slackware 13.37). Now, I grabbed the latest source from the google page, and have so far also grabbed sources for:

- wxWidgets-2.9.3

- ffmpeg-0.11

It looks like I'll also have to build flam3 from source too, which I'll get to later. For right now, I need help understanding the following.

I can run the /autogen.sh script without any issues--it configures my build environment fine. But when I go to configure, because I built ffmpeg from source it has problems finding avcodec. Configure asks me to define:

- AVCODEC_CFLAGS

- AVCODEC_LIBS

I built ffmpeg in /usr/lib64/ffmpeg-0.11/, and all of its files are in this directory.

Are there any developers in here that can help tell me what I need to define these two variables to? As a guess, I set them to

- AVCODEC_CFLAGS=/usr/lib64/ffmpeg-0.11/libavcodec/avcodec.h

- AVCODEC_LIBS=/usr/lib64/ffmpeg-0.11/libavcodec/libavcodec.a

However, I'm not sure that is correct. When I run configure, I see the following:

checking for AVCODEC... yes

checking for avcodec_decode_video2 in -lavcodec... no

I'm not sure why the second item would fail? According to ffmpeg, avcodec_decode_video2 is defined in version 0.11, it has defintions in:

- libavcodec/utils.c

- libavcodec/avcodec.h

Can anyone help here in making sure I'm defining these correctly? From configure.ac, I see I still have to define:

- avformat: AVFORMAT_CFLAGS, AVFORMAT_LIBS

- swscale: SWSCALE_CFLAGS, SWSCALE_LIBS

- avutil: AVUTIL_CFLAGS, AVUTIL_LIBS

Which are included in ffmepg. If I can get the format for avcodec, I should be able to define those 3 easily.

If you can help me distinguish what the difference is between the CFLAGS & LIBS variable, I should be able to define the variables for the rest of the configure script.

- lua

- glee

- curl

- libpng

- Xrender

- flam3-animate

- libgtop-2.0

- and boost

Your help will be most appreciated. I love electricsheep!

Neptune.Raider

avcodec_decode_video2 is not

avcodec_decode_video2 is not required for es, it should compile with just avcodec_decode_video.

User login